You can change your theme setting to make it easier to view documents, presentations, and spreadsheets on your mobile device. You can use the dark theme setting to help save battery life. Collaborators can’t see the theme you choose.
Change your theme setting
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides app.
- At the top left, tap Menu .
- Tap Settings .
- Tap Choose theme.
- Choose Dark, Light, or System default.
Preview a document or sheet in light theme
Dark theme automatically adjusts your documents and sheets to fit the theme and improve viewing. You can preview how a document or sheet will look in light theme for collaborators.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Docs or Sheets app.
- Open the document or sheet you want to view.
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap View in light theme.