Add images or videos
You can add images under 50 MB in .png, .jpg, or .gif format. Follow the image usage guidelines.
Add an image to a document or presentation
- On your computer, open a document or presentation in Google Docs or Slides.
- Click Insert Image.
- Choose where to get your image from.
- Choose an image or take a snapshot.
- Click Insert or Open.
These features aren’t available on Google Sheets.
Drag an image
To move an image into your document or presentation, drag it from your desktop or a website. It may take a moment for your image to appear.
Copy & paste an image
Copy an image from your desktop or the web and paste it directly into your document or presentation. It may take a moment for your image to appear.
Add a video to a presentation
- On your computer, open a presentation in Google Slides.
- Click the slide where you want to add the video.
- Click Insert Video, then choose from the following options:
- Search YouTube
- By URL
- Google Drive
- Choose a video and click Select.