You can access, analyse, visualise and share billions of rows of data from your spreadsheet with Connected Sheets, the new BigQuery data connector. You can also use Connected Sheets to:
- Collaborate with partners, analysts or other stakeholders in a familiar spreadsheet interface.
- Ensure a single source of truth for data analysis without additional .csv exports.
- Streamline your reporting and dashboard workflows.
Connected Sheets runs queries on BigQuery on your behalf either when manually requested or on a defined schedule. Results of those queries are saved in your spreadsheet for analysis and sharing.
Tip: If you used the historical data connector, you can use extracts to create the same table view you see in your previous workflow. You can also set up scheduled refreshes to automatically update your data.
Work with sample BigQuery data in Google Sheets
To understand how Connected Sheets works, you can explore connected sheet examples with public data.
- On your computer, open the Google Sheets template gallery.
- Choose one of the connected sheet Examples.
- Access to the Google Cloud platform. If you're an admin, learn how to turn on GCP for your organisation.
- An Enterprise Plus, Education Plus, Enterprise Standard or Enterprise Essentials account
- BigQuery access. Learn how to get BigQuery.
- A project with billing setup in BigQuery. Learn how to set up Google Cloud billing.
- If you don't have a project with billing setup, you can work with BigQuery data in a trial environment. Learn how to try BigQuery.
Important: You can’t change BigQuery data from within Google Sheets.
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- In the menu at the top, click Data Data connectors Connect to BigQuery.
- Choose a project.
- If you don’t find any projects, you need to add one.
- Choose a table or view.
- You can pick from any company table you have access to or from public data sets.
- Click Connect Start analyzing.
Use Connected Sheets on the Google Sheets app
Using the Google Sheets app on your mobile device, you can:
- View Connected Sheets data.
- View calculated column formulas, filters and sorts, and connection settings.
- Copy and paste data from Connected Sheets.
To create, edit or refresh data in Connected Sheets, open Google Sheets on a computer.