Use a radar chart to evaluate different choices based on multiple variables. Radar charts show one or more variables in a two-dimensional graph, with one spoke for each variable. For example, you could evaluate the quality, price, flexibility, and response time of 3 different suppliers.
Learn how to add & edit a chart.
How to format your data
- First column: Enter a label for each row. Labels from the first column show up outside the circle.
- First row (Optional): In the first row of each column, enter a category name. Entries in the first row show up as labels in the legend.
- Other columns: For each column, enter numeric data. You can also add a category name (optional).
Make a copy
||Number of students
||Average class size
Make a copy
Customize a radar chart
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Double-click the chart you want to change.
- At the right, click Customize.
- Choose an option:
- Chart style: Change how the chart looks.
- Radar: Show range gridlines.
- Chart & axis titles: Edit or format title text.
- Series: Change how the lines and points look.
- Legend: Change legend position and text.
- Vertical axis: Edit or format axis text, set min or max value, or log scale.
- Gridlines: Add and edit gridlines.