Important: You can no longer use sparkline charts in Google Sheets. If you used a sparkline chart in the past, it might display as a line chart. In the future, use a line chart instead. Learn how to change the chart type.
How to format your data
- First row (Optional): In the first row of each column, enter a category name. Entries in the first row show up as labels in the legend.
- Columns: For each column, enter numeric data. You can also add a category name (optional). Each column shows up as a separate line in the chart.
- Rows: Each row represents a different point in the line.
Customize a sparkline chart
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Double-click the chart you want to change.
- At the right, click Customize.
- Choose an option: