You can help keep students focused while they take quizzes and tests on their Chromebooks. When students take a quiz in locked mode, they won’t be able to browse other websites or open any other apps.
About locked mode
Locked mode collects email addresses and limits quizzes to your domain. In locked mode:
- Students can’t use other apps.
- Some extensions and keyboard shortcuts are disabled.
- If a student exits the quiz, or opens any other tab, the teacher is notified via email.
- You may only be able to access the quiz during scheduled hours.
Important: To use locked mode, you need:
Turn on locked mode
- Open a quiz in Google Forms.
- At the top of the quiz, click Settings.
- Under “Chromebook settings,” turn on Locked mode.
Accessibility features & extensions in locked mode
- ChromeVox (text-to-speech)
- High contrast mode
- Fullscreen magnifier
- Docked magnifier
Tip: If you can't find an accessibility feature, use accessibility shortcuts instead.