Use locked mode for quizzes
You can help keep students focused while they take quizzes and tests on their Chromebooks. When students take a quiz in locked mode, they won’t be able to browse other websites or open any other apps.
About locked mode
Locked mode collects email addresses and limits quizzes to only your domain. When in locked mode:
- Students can’t use other apps.
- Some extensions and keyboard shortcuts are disabled.
- If a student exits the quiz, or opens any other tab, the teacher is notified via email.
Important: To use locked mode, you need:
Turn on locked mode
- In Google Forms, open a quiz.
- At the top, click Settings Quizzes.
- Check the box next to “Turn on locked mode.”
Accessibility features & extensions in locked mode
- ChromeVox (text-to-speech)
- High contrast mode
- Fullscreen magnifier
- Docked magnifier
Tip: If you can't find an accessibility feature, use accessibility shortcuts instead.