You can use auto-fill to create a series of numbers, letters or dates in Google Sheets.
Use auto-fill to complete a series
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- In a column or row, enter text, numbers or dates in at least two cells next to each other.
- Highlight the cells. You’ll see a small blue box in the lower-right corner.
- Drag the blue box any number of cells down or across.
- If the cells form a series of dates or numbers, the series will continue across the selected cells.
- If the cells don’t form a series of dates or numbers, the list of values will repeat across the selected cells.
Tip: you may notice auto-fill suggestions with a preview of the values. To accept the suggestion, press Command ⌘ Enter.
Turn off auto-fill suggestions
1. On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
2. At the top, click Tools Autocomplete.
3. Deselect Enable auto-complete.