Automatically create a series or list
You can use autofill to create a series of numbers, letters, or dates in Google Sheets.
Use autofill to complete a series
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- In a column or row, enter text, numbers, or dates in at least two cells next to each other.
- Highlight the cells. You’ll see a small blue box in the lower right corner.
- Drag the blue box any number of cells down or across.
- If the cells form a series of dates or numbers, the series will continue across the selected cells.
- If the cells don’t form a series of dates or numbers, the list of values will repeat across the selected cells.