If you have trouble opening or editing Google Docs, Sheets, Slides or Forms, you can try some of the steps below.
Note: If you have a problem with Google Drive, like uploading files or syncing documents, see the Google Drive Help Centre.
Steps to try first
If you can’t open or edit a file, try to refresh the page. Choose your browser below:
- Google Chrome: At the top left, click Reload this page .
- Safari: View Reload page.
- Firefox: At the top, click Reload current page .
- Internet Explorer: On your keyboard, press F5.
- Microsoft Edge: On your keyboard, press F5.
What to check
- Make sure that your browser is up to date. Learn more about which browsers you can use with Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and Forms.
What you can try
- Open your file on another computer or with a different web browser, like Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
If you’re trying to edit a file that is 'View only', you might not have access. If you can’t edit a file in Google Docs, Sheets or Slides, click here.
- You might need to convert the file to a Google format. Learn how to convert files to work with Google Docs, Sheets or Slides.
- You might not have access to a Google Form. Learn how to get access to a form.
Make sure that your file doesn’t go over the Google Docs Editors' size limits.
Advanced steps to try
You can work on your files offline, depending on your settings. Learn more about working on Google Docs, Sheets and Slides offline.
If you have offline access turned on, you can try to turn it off and on again.
If there is a firewall, have a domain or network administrator help you with firewall or server settings.
If you haven’t found the answer to your problem, you can ask a question on the Google Docs forum.