If someone with a work or school account shares a file with you, they may be able to see signed in people view it.
Some features are only available for work or school accounts, and you’re not signed in.
Limit who can see your view history
If you don’t want your view history to appear in Activity dashboard, you can change your privacy settings.
Turn off view history for one file
Turn off view history for all files
- On your computer, open Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- At the top left, click Menu Settings.
- Under "Activity dashboard," turn off Show your view history.
If you don’t see Activity dashboard or the privacy settings:
- If the file isn’t owned by a Google Account through work or school, no one can see the view history.
- You haven't viewed a shared file owned by a work or school organization.
- You may be signed in to the wrong account. You’re not signed in.
If you hide your view history
- You won’t be seen in Activity dashboard for anybody’s files.
- You can turn on your view history again, and your previously recorded views will appear again.
- Your views while your view history is turned off will never show.
- You can still see view history on your documents.