How to use Google Docs
You can create, view, and edit Google documents, as well as Microsoft Word® files, with the Google Docs app for Android.
Step 1: Download the Google Docs app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play app .
- Find the Google Docs app.
- Tap Install.
Step 2: Get started
- On your Android phone or tablet, open a document in the Google Docs app.
- Tap Edit .
- To select a word, double-tap it. Move the blue markers to select more text.
- Start editing.
- To undo or redo an action, click Undo or Redo .
Work with different file formats
You can upload and download files with the Google Docs app for Android.
- Import: You can open and edit DOC, DOCX, ODT, TXT, RTF, and HTML files.
- Export: You can export DOCX, EPUB, RTF, TXT, PDF, ODT, and as a web page (HTML as a ZIP).
Step 3: Share & work with others
You can share files and folders with people and choose whether they can view, edit, or comment on them.
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.