Accept and present audience questions
Presenters can start a live Q&A session with an audience during a presentation with Google Slides. You can present questions at any time, and people can ask questions from any device.
Start a Q&A session
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- At the top, next to "Present," click the Down arrow .
- Click Presenter View.
- In the new window, click Audience tools.
- To start a new session, click Start new.
- To resume a recent session, click Continue recent.
- To stop accepting questions, click the on/off switch in the Q&A window.
Note: If you use Google through your work, school, or other organizations, you can choose who can submit questions:
- In "Presenter view" window, click Audience tools and change "Accepting questions from…"
Show questions from the audience
Presenters can display audience questions during your presentation.
- Under "Audience Tools," find a question you'd like to display.
- Click Present.
To change the question, find a different question and click Present.
To stop showing the question, click Hide.
Review recent sessions
Presenters can see questions from recent Q&A sessions.
- Open a presentation in Slides.
- At the top, click Tools Q&A history.
- Recent sessions will appear on the right.
Ask and vote on questions
Audience members can ask questions during a presentation:
- Go to the link at the top of the presentation. Example: goo.gl/slides/a1b.
- Click Ask a question… and type a question.
- To ask an anonymous question, check the box by "Ask anonymously."
- Click Submit.
Vote on questions
Audience members can vote on the questions they would like answered.
- Go to the Q&A link shown on the slide.
- Below the question you'd like to vote on, click Up vote or Down vote .
Andrew is a Docs and Sheets expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.