Add a chart or graph
If you want a visual representation of your data in a spreadsheet, you can create a chart or graph. You can choose from a number of different chart types, including line, bar, and pie charts.
Note: At the moment, you can only add a chart on a computer or Android phone or tablet.
- Open a spreadsheet and select the cells with data you want to include in the chart.
- Tip: Add a header row or column to your data in order for labels to appear on your chart.
- Click the Insert menu > Chart.
- In the "Recommendations" tab that appears, choose a chart or, for more options, use the "Chart types" tab.
- If you want, edit your chart using the "Customization" tab.
- Click Insert. The chart will appear in your spreadsheet.
- In the Sheets app, open a spreadsheet and select the cells with data you want to include in the chart.
- Touch the Insert icon +.
- Choose Chart.
- In the list that appears, touch the chart you want to use for your data.
- In the top left, touch the checkmark . The chart will appear in your spreadsheet.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.