Can’t open a Google file or folder
If a file won’t open, a few things could be wrong:
- You don’t have permission to view the file.
- You're signed in to a Google Account that doesn’t have access.
- The correct app isn’t installed on your phone.
- Open the file.
- The "Request access" page will open.
- Tap Send .
- The owner of the file will get an email with your request. If they approve your request, you'll get an email.
If you need access right away
Contact the owner of the file and ask them to give you access.
Try a different Google Account
If you have more than one Google Account, see if you have access to the file with a different account.
To sign in to another account:
- On your Android device, open the app for Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- At the top left, tap Menu .
- Next to your email address, tap the Down arrow .
- Tap Add account.
Get more help
If you still can’t open a file or folder, check out the answers in the Google Drive forum.