Suggest edits in Google Docs
You can suggest changes to a document without changing the original text. If the owner approves your suggestions, they replace the original text.
Suggest changes to a file
- Open a document in the Google Docs app.
- Tap More .
- Turn on Suggest changes.
- Make a suggestion. When you are finished, tap Done .
Accept or reject suggestions
- On your Android phone or tablet, open a document in the Google Docs app.
- To see suggestions, find the highlighted text and tap Suggestion .
- Tap Accept or Reject.
Manage your suggestions
People can suggest edits when you give them permission to comment on or edit your document.
Learn how to share your file.
When you convert files between Google Docs editors and Microsoft Office:
- Any tracked changes in Microsoft Office become suggestions in Google Docs editors.
- Any suggestions in Google Docs editors become tracked changes in Microsoft Office.