How to use Google Sheets
You can create, view, and edit Google spreadsheets, as well as Microsoft Excel® files, with the Google Sheets app for iPhone and iPad. Here are some things to help you use the Google Sheets app:
Step 1: Download the Google Sheets app
- Open Google Sheets on the App Store.
- Tap GET INSTALL. The Google Sheets app will appear on your Home screen.
Step 2: Create or edit a spreadsheet
You can upload and download files with the Google Sheets app.
- Import: You can open and edit XLS and XLSX files.
- Export: You can export as a PDF or XLSX file.
You can open recent spreadsheets, use templates, and create new spreadsheets with quick actions. To see recent spreadsheets in the menu, turn off the passcode lock.
Note: This is only available if you have 3D Touch on your iPhone (iPhone 6s/6s+ or newer).
- To get to the quick actions menu, hard tap the Google Sheets app. The quick actions menu will open.
- From the list, tap one of these options:
- The last two spreadsheets you opened or edited.
- Templates: Opens the template menu.
- Create: Creates a blank spreadsheet.
- Your spreadsheet or template will open in the Google Sheets app.
Step 3: Share & work with others
You can share files and folders with people and choose whether they can view, edit, or comment on them.
Andrew is a Docs and Sheets expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.