Check spelling in a spreadsheet
You can use the spell check tool in Google Sheets to find misspelled words and see suggested spellings in a spreadsheet.
- Open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Click on the cell or range of cells where you want to start checking your spelling.
- Click Tools > Spelling.
- If a word is incorrect and you want to change it, select a word to replace it, or type in a replacement, and click Change. If a word is correct and you don't want to change it, click Ignore.
- Continue checking the spelling in the rest of the cells or click Close .
- If your spreadsheet has more than one sheet and you've finished checking the first sheet, click Search all sheets to check the spelling of the rest of the sheets.
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?