Correct your spelling and grammar
You can see misspellings or grammatical errors as you type and change your autocorrect settings with Google Docs.
Spell-check your document
- Open the Google Docs app .
- Open a document.
- Tap Edit .
- In the top right, tap More Spellcheck.
- Spelling suggestions will show at the bottom:
- To use a suggested spelling, tap Change.
- To ignore a suggestion, tap Ignore.
- To use the suggestion for the whole document, tap More Change all.
- To ignore all instances of the word, tap More Ignore all.
- To hide "Spellcheck", tap Close .
Note: Autocorrect is only available on your desktop computer.
Spelling and grammar suggestions are powered by machine learning. As language understanding models use billions of common phrases and sentences to automatically learn about the world, they can also reflect human cognitive biases. Being aware of this is a good start, and the conversation around how to handle it is ongoing. Google is committed to making products that work well for everyone, and are actively researching unintended bias and mitigation strategies.