Use spell-check and autocorrect
You can see any misspellings as you type with Google Docs. Change your autocorrect settings to turn off options like automatic capitalization.
Spell-check your document
- Open the Google Docs app .
- Open a document.
- Tap Edit .
- In the top right, tap More Spellcheck.
- Spelling suggestions will show at the bottom:
- To use a suggested spelling, tap Change.
- To ignore a suggestion, tap Ignore.
- To use the suggestion for the whole document, tap More Change all.
- To ignore all instances of the word, tap More Change all.
- To hide "Spellcheck", tap Close .
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.