Count the words in a document
Use word count
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- To find the count of words, characters, and pages, at the top of the page, click ToolsWord count.
- To find the word count while you type, check "Display word count while typing"OK.
- In the bottom left, click on the Word count box to display:
- Characters without spaces
- To hide the word count, in the bottom left, click the Word count box Hide word count.
Tip: Unless you select a section of the document, word count applies to everything except headers, footers, and footnotes.