Insert special characters
You can add special characters into your documents and presentations, like arrows, shapes, or accent marks.
- On your computer, open docs.google.com/ or https://docs.google.com/presentation. You can’t insert special characters directly in Google Sheets.
- Open or create a document or presentation.
- At the top, click Insert Special characters.
- Find the character you want to insert:
- Pick from categories.
- Enter the character's Unicode value.
- In the box on the right, write the character.
- To add a character to your file, click it.
- Optional: If you want to add the special character to a spreadsheet, copy it and paste it in a cell on the sheet.
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?