If you work on a file at the same time as other people, you can chat with each other inside the document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
- On your computer, open a document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
- At the top right, click Show chat . This feature won't be available if you're the only one in the file.
- Tip: If there are many collaborators in the file, at the top right, to the right of the avatars, there will be a blue circle showing the number of additional collaborators. Click the blue circle Join chat .
- Enter your message in the chat box.
- When you’re finished, at the top right of the chat window, click Close .
Note: All chats in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides include anyone viewing the file. The chats aren't saved.