Download a file
You can download a file to your computer from Google Drive. Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides files will download as converted .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx files. All other file types will download in their native format.
- Click on the file you'd like to download. To select multiple files, hold down Shift or Ctrl(PC)/Command(Mac) while clicking on multiple files.
- Right click and choose Download. You can also click and select Download.
If the instructions above don't work, you may be using the old version of Google Drive. Follow these alternate instructions:Download a file in the old Google Drive
- Click the checkbox next to the file you'd like to download.
- Select More at the top of the page > Download...
- Select a file format for each item, such as Microsoft Word. If you select multiple items, they'll be compressed into a .zip file.
- Click Download.
You can download files in the following formats:
- Documents: HTML, RTF, DOCX, Open Office, PDF, Text file.
- Spreadsheets: CSV, HTML, ODS, PDF, XLSX, TXT (only for a single sheet).
- Presentations: PDF, PPTX, TXT.
- Drawings: PNG, JPEG, SVG, PDF.