Google Drive on the web
You can change a number of settings in Google Drive on the web.
- Open Google Drive at drive.google.com.
- Click the settings icon in the top right .
- Select Settings.
- Depending on the version of Google Drive you’re using, you may see the following options:
- Convert uploads
- Manage apps
- Opt-in/Opt-out of offline
- Time zone
- Bold any updated items
- Show right-to-left controls
Google Drive settings carry over to the Google Docs editor home screens by default. To adjust a setting from within the Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides home screens, click the menu icon > Settings.
Google Drive for your Mac/PC
You can change a number of settings in Drive on your Mac or PC.
- Click the Google Drive icon .
- On a Mac, the icon is usually found in the menu bar at the top right of your desktop screen.
- On a PC, the icon is usually found in the taskbar in the bottom right of your desktop screen.
- Click the overflow icon in the top right .
- Select Preferences.
- Change any of the desired settings from the list below.
- Disconnect account: Connect your Google Drive desktop folder to another Google Account (not recommended).
- Get more storage: Purchase additional Google Drive storage.
Under "Sync options":
- Only sync some folders to this computer: Select which "My Drive" folders to sync to your computer. De-select the folders you don’t want to sync.
- Sync shared items: Add files and folders from “Shared with me” to “My Drive” to sync to your computer.
- Start Google Drive automatically when you start your computer: Launch Google Drive and start syncing "My Drive" to the Google Drive for desktop folder on your computer.
- Send crash reports and usage statistics to Google: Send information to Google to help us prioritize features and improvements we should work on.
- Proxy: Switch between "Direct connection" and "Automatically detect proxy settings".
- Bandwidth settings: Choose how much bandwidth Drive leaves for other programs on your computer (in kilobytes per second) or choose “Don’t limit” to choose the fastest rate.
- Misc: Show file sync status icons.