Sort a spreadsheet
You can sort a range of cells according to rules set for one or more columns. To sort your data, follow these steps:
- Highlight the group of cells you'd like to sort. To sort the entire sheet, click the top left corner of the sheet to select all cells.
- From the Data menu, select Sort range...
- Check Data has header row if your columns have titles.
- Select the column you'd like to be sorted first and whether you would like that column sorted in ascending or descending order.
- Click +Add another if you'd like another sorting rule added. Sorting will be prioritized according to the order of your rules.
- Click the X to the left of your rule to eliminate it.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.