Copy, re-order, and delete sheets
The sheet menu lets you copy, re-order, and delete sheets in your spreadsheet, along with other actions. To open the sheet menu, click the down arrow next to the sheet name at the bottom of your spreadsheet.
Copy a sheet
You can make a duplicate copy of any sheet in a spreadsheet. That copy can be made within the same spreadsheet or into another, separate spreadsheet.
Here's how to copy a sheet to another spreadsheet:
- At the bottom of a spreadsheet, click the down arrow next to the sheet name to open the sheet menu.
- From the menu, click Copy to.
- Choose the destination spreadsheet from the list.
- Click Select.
If there's already an existing sheet with the same name, the copied sheet will be named "Copy of sheetname."
To copy one sheet within a spreadsheet, follow these steps:
- Click the down arrow next to the sheet name to open the sheet menu.
- From the menu, select Duplicate.
- A duplicate sheet (which contains the exact formatting) will appear in a new tab beside the original sheet. It's labeled Copy of Sheet.
Re-order sheets within a spreadsheet
If you're working on a spreadsheet that contains more than one sheet, you can change the order of these sheets. Go to the sheet that you'd like to move, and click the down arrow on the sheet tab to open the sheet menu. From the menu, select Move right or Move left.
You can also drag and drop sheets by clicking and dragging a sheet tab until it is in the location you'd like.
Rename sheets within a spreadsheet
If you'd like to change the name of a sheet within your spreadsheet, double-click the text on the sheet tab and type in the new name.
You can also click the down arrow on the sheet tab to open the sheet menu. From the menu, select Rename, and type in the new name.
Add a color to sheet tabs within a spreadsheet
You can add a color to each of your sheet tabs to make it easier to tell them apart.
- Click the down arrow on a sheet tab to open the sheet menu.
- Hover over "Change color".
- Select a color to add to the tab.
Delete a sheet
To delete a single sheet from a spreadsheet, first go to the sheet you'd like to remove. Click the down arrow on the sheet tab to open the sheet menu, and select Delete. A warning dialog will appear. If you'd like to delete the sheet, click OK.
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.