Insert and arrange text, shapes, and lines
To enhance your presentation, you can add text, shapes, lines, and other objects in Google Slides.
Add text or objects to a slide
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- Select the text box or object you want to remove.
- At the top, click Edit.
- Click Delete.
Arrange objects on a slide
- Select an object or multiple objects. To select multiple objects, hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click each object you want to select.
- At the top, click Arrange.
- Choose from the following options:
- Order: Put the object behind or in front of text, other objects, or images.
- Align horizontally or Align vertically: When you select multiple objects, you can align the edges of the objects.
- Center on slide: Center objects vertically or horizontally on a slide.
- Rotate: Change the orientation of an object.
- Distribute: When you select three or more objects, you can evenly distribute the space between them.
- Group: Lock multiple objects together to make them easier to move around and format.
Align objects on a slide automatically
To easily align objects on a slide, click and drag any object where you want. There are two ways to align:
- Snap to Guides: When you drag an object, you will see colored lines appear. These lines show what your object lines up with. This setting is turned on by default.
- Snap to Grid: When you drag an object, it will align to an invisible grid on your slide. To turn on this setting, click View Snap to Grid.
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.