Customize a slide with layouts and themes
Themes, background images, and layouts are a good way for you to customize your presentation and tailor it to a particular audience.
To change or add a theme to your presentation, go to the Slide menu, and select Change theme. Select the theme you’d like to use, and it will automatically be applied to all of the slides in your presentation.
Background images let you customize your slides using an image that’s saved to your computer. You can apply a background image to a single slide or to all of the slides in your presentation.
To insert a background image in a slide, follow these steps:
- Open a presentation and select a slide.
- Click the Slide menu > Change background.
- In the window that appears, click Choose next to "Image."
- Find or upload an image you want to add to the background.
- You'll go back to the "Background" window where you can apply the background image to the theme for all the slides in your presentation or add a background color.
- Click Done.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.