Organize and number slides
You can reorder slides in a presentation to organize them the way you want. You can also add numbers to your slides.
If you want to change the order of slides in a presentation:
- Open a presentation.
- Select the slide you’d like to move. You can also choose to move several slides:
- Select several slides in a row: Press the Shift key and click the last slide in the row.
- Select slides that aren’t in a row: Press and hold the Ctrl key (Cmd on a Mac) and click the slides you want to move.
- Drag-and-drop the slides to a new position in the list of slides on the left. You can also go to the Slide menu and choose from the following options:
- Move slide up
- Move slide down
- Move slide to beginning
- Move slide to end
If you want to add numbers to your slides in a presentation:
- Open a presentation. If you want only certain slides to have numbers, select those slides.
- Click the Insert menu.
- Click Slide numbers.
- Click Apply to add numbers to the whole presentation or Apply to selected to add numbers to slides you have selected.
- To turn off slide numbers, open the slide numbers window again and toggle On to Off.
If you don’t want your title slide to be numbered, you can also check the box next to “Skip title slides” when adding slide numbers.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.