When you try to open a Google Form that you don't have access to, you'll see a message that says "You need permission."
Get permission to view a form
There are only two ways to get permission to a form that you can’t view.
Option 1: Contact the owner of the file directly
If the person who created the form uses Google apps for work or education, they'll need to change a setting for their Google Form.
Contact the person who created the form or sent it to you. Here’s a suggestion of what to say:
"I received a Google Form from you, but I can't open it because it's restricted to people within your organization. If you would like me to fill it out, follow the instructions here: https://support.google.com/docs?p=open_form"
Option 2: Sign into your domain
If you use Google apps through work or school, make sure you’re signed in to the correct account. When someone makes a form through work or school, only people in their organization can see the form. Unless they change that setting, these forms can’t be viewed from a Gmail account.
- Go to myaccount.google.com.
- In the top right, click your photo.
- If you don’t see a photo, you might see the Account image .
- Click Sign out.
- Type in your Google Account for work or school.
- Click Next.
- Type your password.
- Click Next.
After you sign in, try the link to the form again.
Let people outside your domain open your form
If you create a form with a work or school account, you can choose if the form can be accessed only within your organization or also by people outside your organization.
Important: If you turn off this restriction setting, anyone with the link can fill out your form.
- Open a form in Google Forms.
- At the top of the form, click Settings.
- Next to “Responses,” click the Down arrow .
- Turn off Restrict to users in [yourdomain.com] and its trusted organizations.