Create a file from a template
Use templates to create formatted files like a resume, budget, or order form.
Note: Templates are only available in English.
Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms
- On a computer, go to Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms.
- To use a template, click the one you want.
- To see more options, at the top, click Template gallery.
You can also use templates when you're in a file. Click File New From template.
- On a computer, go to drive.google.com.
- At the top left, click New.
- Next to the type of file you want to create, click the arrow .
- Click From a template.
Some templates have add-ons included with them. Before you can use the add-ons with your document, you have to add them:
- On a computer, open the template you want to use.
- At the right, find the add-ons you want to use.
- Click Add to Docs, Add to Sheets, or Add to Slides.
Show or hide templates
You can choose if you want to see templates on your home screen.
Use templates when gallery is hidden
To use templates after you hide them:
- At the bottom right, hold your mouse over Create .
- Click the blue circle labeled 'Choose template.'
Show all templates
Mary is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.