Format your drawing
After inserting shapes, you can format them using the buttons in the toolbar. When you select a shape, the Fill color, Line color, Line width, Dashes, and Edit Text buttons appear.
Here are some ways to format your drawings:
- Adjust the color of a shape: Click the Fill color button and choose the color you'd like to use.
- Increase or decrease transparency: Click the Fill color > Custom color and drag the opacity selector at the far right of the menu. Dragging down increases an object's transparency, while dragging up decreases transparency.
- Adjust the background color of your drawing: Change the Fill color without selecting an object or right click in the canvas, select Background and choose your color. To deselect objects, click in the background.
- Change the color of a shape's border: Click the Line color button. You can also change the thickness of a shape's border by clicking the Line width button.
- Modify the style of a shape's border: Click the Dashes button and select the style of border you'd like. You can hide the border altogether by selecting Line Color and making the border "Transparent."
- Add text to your drawing.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.