On Google Slides, you can use the “Create image with Gemini” prompt to create images using artificial intelligence. For example, you can ask Google Slides to create an image of a picnic or an abstract painting.
This feature is currently available on desktop.
Before you use Workspace Labs
- Workspace Labs feature suggestions don’t represent Google’s views, and should not be attributed to Google.
- Don’t rely on Workspace Labs features as medical, legal, financial, or other professional advice.
- Workspace Labs features may suggest inaccurate or inappropriate information. Your feedback makes Workspace Labs more helpful and safe.
- Don’t include personal, confidential, or sensitive information in your prompts.
- Google uses Workspace Labs data and metrics to provide, improve, and develop products, services, and machine learning technologies across Google.
- Your Workspace Labs Data may also be read, rated, annotated, and reviewed by human reviewers. Importantly, where Google uses Google-selected input (as described in the Privacy Notice) to generate output, Google will aggregate and/or pseudonymize that content and resulting output before it is viewed by human reviewers, unless it is specifically provided as part of your feedback to Google.
- Generated images are for use only within Google Slides.
- Workspace Labs generated images are designed to bring your imagination to life in Google Slides, and may not represent real world situations.
How Workspace Labs data in Google Slides is collected
When you use "Create image with Gemini" in Google Slides, Google uses and stores the following data:
- Prompts you enter or select.
- Image styles you select.
- Generated images.
- Your feedback on generated images.
To understand how this data is used, review the Google Workspace Labs Privacy Notice and Terms for Personal Accounts.
Use AI to create an image
- On your computer, open a presentation on Google Slides.
- Click the slide where you want to add the image.
- Choose an option:
- At the top, click Insert Image Create image with Gemini .
- In the toolbar, click Create image with Gemini .
- In the panel on the right, enter a prompt. For example:
- “A beautiful photograph of a Hawaiian beach at sunset with palm trees in the distance”
- “A plate of freshly baked blueberry muffins on a wooden kitchen table next to a large window”
- “Watercolor painting of hydrangeas in a water pitcher”
- “A futuristic cityscape with skyscrapers and flying cars set at night with HD details and shadows”
- For better results, consider including the subject, setting, distance to subject, materials, or background. For example: "A close up of a boat made out of wood on a lake surrounded by trees at sunrise."
- Avoid figurative language in your prompt.
- (Optional) You can click Add a style to customize the image you create.
- Click Create to see several suggested images.
- (Optional) After clicking Create, you can:
- Send feedback about the suggested image: Under each image, click Good suggestion or Bad suggestion .
- Edit your prompt: At the top of the panel on the right, click the prompt. Edit your prompt and click Create.
- See more suggested images: Click View more.
- When you’re finished, click Insert.
If you get a suggestion that’s inaccurate or that you feel is unsafe, you can let us know by submitting feedback. Your feedback can help improve AI-assisted Workspace features and broader Google efforts in AI.
- Below the generated image, click Good suggestion or Bad suggestion .
- If you click Bad suggestion , you can select the issue you found and enter additional feedback.
- Click Submit.
To provide general feedback on this feature, at the top, go to Help Help Slides improve.
To report a legal issue, create a request.
Turn off the “Create image with Gemini” prompt
To turn off any of the features on Google Workspace Labs you must exit Workspace Labs. If you exit, you will permanently lose access to all Workspace Labs features, and you won’t be able to rejoin Workspace Labs. Learn more about how to exit Workspace Labs.