Creating and editing pivot table reports
Categories and fields
The Report Editor contains several categories. Add fields to the following categories to build a pivot table report.
- Rows and Columns will appear in the row and column headers of your pivot table report.
- Values will appear in the body of your pivot table. These values will allow you to draw conclusions from, compare and contrast data in your Row and Column categories.
- Filters allow you to hide certain data points that you don't want appear in your pivot table.
A field is a subset of your data contained in a spreadsheet column. The column header is the name of the field. Adding fields to categories in the Report Editor will populate data into your pivot table report. To add a field, follow these steps:
- Click the Add field link next to the name of each category to see a menu of all available fields.
- Select the field that you'd like to insert into the pivot table report.
- Once added, you can drag a field into another category.
- To remove a field, click the X in the top right of the field.
- Multiple fields can be added to each category.
Note: The field shown at the top of each category will be the first field of data presented in the pivot table report. Any additional fields added to the category will be broken down within this primary field.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.