From your computer, you can use Google Docs to write an email draft and quickly preview it in Gmail.
Work with email drafts on Google Docs
- On your computer, open a Google Doc.
- At the top left, click Insert > Building blocks > Email draft.
- You can also type ‘@email’ in the doc and press Enter.
- To add recipients in the ‘To’ field, type ‘@’ and search through your contacts, or type out email addresses.
- You can add a subject line, write text in the email body and format your draft.
- Tip: You can collaborate with others in your doc to write an email draft. Learn more about how to share access to your doc.
Preview and send your email draft in Gmail
- At the top left of the email draft, click Preview in Gmail .
- In the pop-up Gmail window, you can make additional changes to your email.
- When you are ready, click Send.
- Important: The email draft will be sent from the account you are logged in to.