Move rows and columns
You can move a row or column by dragging-and-dropping it to a new location. Or, you can follow these steps:
- Select the row(s) or column(s) you'd like to move.
- Go to the Edit menu.
- Selecting from the following options:
- Move row up
- Move row down
- Move column right
- Move column left
Here's how to move a selection of cells:
- Select the cell(s) you'd like to copy and move.
- Point your cursor to the top of the selected cell(s). The pointer turns into a hand.
- Drag the data to its new location, and release the mouse to drop it there.
Matt is a Docs & Drive expert and author of this help page. Leave him feedback below about the page.