In Display & Video 360 you can change the billable outcome of your campaign to increase its overall performance. When you pay for an outcome other than impressions (like clicks) you'll spend less time analyzing metrics that aren't important to you (for example, stop looking at impressions if you only care about clicks). You'll also prevent any risk of paying for impressions that don't lead to your preferred outcome.
Enable outcome based buying by navigating to your partner Advertiser Configurations scroll to Outcome based buying to enable your partner or advertiser
- Navigate to a new insertion order Insertion Order Details Goal
What goal would you like to focus on?
- Select CPA and enter an amount.
- Under Billable outcome What would you like to pay for?, choose a new outcome from the list.
- Insertion orders can't contain line items with different billable outcomes. Once an insertion order has been created with a given billable outcome, it can't be changed.
When you set a insertion order to pay for clicks, the campaign's data is shared with Google to optimize performance.
- Click outcomes can only be used with display line items with CPA bidding strategies. You can set target bidding goals per line item. Remember to set your CPA accordingly. It should be higher now that you are paying for clicks instead of impressions.
- In Display & Video 360 reporting Post Click Conversions will equal Total Conversions (because conversions now only come from clicks). Post View Conversions will be zero.
- In Campaign Manager 360 reporting Post View Conversions will still be counted.
- Conversion data requirements for outcome based buying: minimum of 10 Post Click Conversions per insertion order per day and 2 Post Click Conversions per line item per day.
Features that rely on impressions aren't supported when not paying for impressions, including: impression based budgets, non-invoiceable CPM fees, attribution models for impressions, and average CPM constraints.
The following creatives aren't supported:
- Wrapped creatives
- Creatives hosted outside of Display & Video 360 or Campaign Manager 360
- HTML 5 creatives or creatives with appended HTML5
- Custom creatives
The following also aren't supported:
- Non-clickable ads (when paying for clicks) or other ads that don't follow our advertising policies
- Video, YouTube, and native inventory
- Deal inventory
- Third party viewability targeting
- Rich Media custom metrics in Campaign Manager 360