Upload multiple native site creatives at once
To upload many native site creatives at once, you need to upload your creative assets and provide the same creative properties that you enter when you create a single creative in Display & Video 360. There are two ways to do this:
- Upload your assets, then enter the creative properties during bulk upload in Display & Video 360.
- Download and enter creative properties in a spreadsheet template, then upload.
Before you begin
- Make sure you have all required creative assets.
- If your advertiser is linked to Campaign Manager, create tracking ads for each creative, then assign each tracking ad to a placement that has no other tracking ads assigned. The placement must also be assigned to a site that is set up to sync with Display & Video 360. Assign only 1 tracking ad to the Campaign Manager placement. If more than 1 tracking ad is assigned, Display & Video 360 will automatically select the first tracking ad in the placement.
Note: After you create tracking ads in Campaign Manager, make sure they're active, then wait 4–8 hours for them to sync to Display & Video 360. Otherwise, you'll see errors when you try to upload creatives.
If you prefer not to create a spreadsheet, you can upload your creative assets, then fill in the required creative properties during bulk upload.
- Open your advertiser, then click Creatives in the left menu.
- Click Bulk upload > Native site creatives.
- Upload your creative assets by dragging and dropping them into Display & Video 360, or click Choose files to select them.
- Display & Video 360 will display the list of creative assets you uploaded. Click on the empty fields in the list to add each creative property.
The bulk upload spreadsheet template allows you to enter all of the creative details and asset names at once, then create all the creatives in Display & Video 360 with a single upload.
Note: The template is unique to your account settings and must be downloaded directly from Display & Video 360.
To create your spreadsheet:
- Open an advertiser, then click Creatives in the left menu.
- Click Bulk upload > Native site creatives.
- Click Download the spreadsheet template to download a blank spreadsheet that includes column headers for each creative field in Display & Video 360. When you edit the spreadsheet, the editing software you use may ask to change the character encoding. If so, choose UTF-8 to make sure your file is compatible with Display & Video 360.
- Add a new row for each creative and enter that creative's details. For help figuring out what to enter, read the detailed descriptions of each field below.
- When your spreadsheet is complete, upload both the spreadsheet file and all of the required creative assets. Learn what assets are required for native site creatives.
You can add your own columns to the spreadsheet to track other creative notes and details. Any extra columns will be ignored during upload, as long as all the columns are included and in the same order as in the template.
- Creative name - The name of the new creative in Display & Video 360.
- Advertiser name - The name of the advertiser or brand to advertise.
- Main asset file name - The name of the primary rectangular image file.
- Headline - The headline copy to show in the creative.
- Logo - The filename of the brand or advertiser logo to display in the creative, for example "filename.jpg".
- Body text - The body text to show in the creative.
- Caption URL - Also called a "Display URL", a shorter, friendlier URL or domain name to display in the creative.
- Call to action - The text to use on the call-to-action button, for example, "Shop now".
- Square image - A square (1:1 aspect ratio) image to support additional native layouts, for example "filename.jpg". Required for Programmatic Guaranteed deals.
- Long headline - A longer version of the headline, used as an alternative headline when space allows.
- Long body text - A longer version of the body text, used as alternative body text when space allows.
- Landing page URL - The URL to which the user is sent when clicking on the creative, for example, "https://www.example.com". Required for CM-linked advertisers if you did not assign a Campaign Manager tracking ad.
- Click lookback - The number of days to look back for previous clicks when determining whether to record a conversion. If left blank, the default value of 90 days will be entered. If a lower number is entered in Campaign Manager, the Campaign Manager value will be used instead.
- Impression lookback - The number of days to look back for previous impressions when determining whether to record a conversion. If left blank, the default value of 90 days will be entered. If a lower number is entered in Campaign Manager, the Campaign Manager value will be used instead.
- Campaign Manager tracking ad (CM-linked advertisers only) - An active Campaign Manager placement ID with a tracking ad assigned. If you don't include a tracking ad, a landing page URL is required.
- Tracking URL 1 - A third-party impression tracking URL.
- Tracking URL 2 - A third-party impression tracking URL.
- Integration code - A code for use with an external reporting system.
To be compatible with Display & Video 360, your spreadsheet should use UTF-8 encoding. Also, each value in your spreadsheet cannot include special characters, such as non-printing or control characters. When confirming your spreadsheet upload, non-printing characters may appear as a replacement character .
If you see an error about control characters in your spreadsheet, first check that it is saved in UTF-8 format, then check any column values for characters that aren't allowed. Learn more about control characters
After you've uploaded a spreadsheet, creative assets, or both, Display & Video 360 displays an editable list of creatives to bulk upload. Review the list and upload any missing creative assets or required creative properties.