Set up targeting
Digital content label targeting
In Display & Video 360, digital content labels are used to categorize inventory based on the suggested viewer maturity for web or app content.
Digital content labels
- DL-G: Content suitable for general audiences.
- DL-PG: Content suitable for most audiences with parental guidance.
- DL-T: Content suitable for teen and older audiences.
- DL-MA: Content suitable only for mature audiences.
- Not yet labeled: Content that has not been labeled.
Content may not receive a digital content label for the following reasons:
A site is relatively new: Sometimes when a site is new, we don't have enough data on the site to classify it. In these cases, the site will normally receive a digital content label one month later.
A site's URL is "masked": Sometimes publishers don't make the URL of their impressions transparent, and in these cases we cannot label these publishers' URLs.
Semi-transparent inventory: "Semi-transparent" inventory may receive any digital content label if the publisher selling the inventory has shared all of the URLs behind the bid request URL with Display & Video 360. In these situations, the publisher's inventory will be labeled according to the inventory's minimum brand safeness.
For example, if the semi-transparent site
semi-transparent-site-123.comhas inventory from the following URLs,
semi-transparent-site-123.comwill be labeled as being DL-T, since its inventory has a minimum brand safeness of "DL-T".
Although this technology was originally developed for YouTube, you can use these rating tiers to target or filter all of the inventory that's available in Display & Video 360, regardless of the source.
Filter inventory by digital content label
To filter inventory based on digital content label:
- Open a line item or insertion order, then navigate to Targeting Brand Safety.
- Select the digital content labels you want to target in the Digital Content Labels section.
Please note, if you don't target specific digital content labels, your line items will bid on all inventory, both rated and unrated.