This section covers the detailed creative and technical specifications of the Rich Media Custom Masthead.
|Expanded on-click dimensions:||970x500 pixels|
|Single Expanded Panel:||Needs to collapse and video must stop on clickthrough|
|Format:||Rich media HTML5 creatives built in DoubleClick Studio|
|VPAID||Not allowed on YouTube|
|Initial Load Size:||150 KB maximum is recommended for the fastest initial load time.|
|Total Non-User initiated Load size||
|User-initiated Load Size:||
|All videos must be progressive load. Cannot be streaming.|
|CPU Usage:||Must not exceed 40% of a user's CPU. Common causes of high CPU use are continued animation & heavy animation sequences.|
Note: Embedded players must have a viewport that is at least 200px by 200px. We recommended 16:9 players be at least 400 pixels wide and 225 pixels tall in order to fully display all controls.
|Autoplay Animation / Video Length:||
Max 30 seconds
|Autoplay Audio:||No sound|
|Clicking 'Unmute' button turns the video into user-initiated.|
|User-initiated Video:||Regardless of the video length, control buttons (mute/unmute and pause/play) are required, as well as an indicator of the video duration or elapsed status.|
|Except for the initial autoplay video, each video play must be user-initiated.|
|Actions on User Click:||
All sound and animation must stop upon exit click. Mastheads containing a text field cannot have the 'autofocus' attribute.
|Actions on User Interaction (animation):||Animation must stop within 30 seconds after the interaction with it has ended.|
|Fallback||All HTML5 ads must gracefully fallback to support basic HTML5 to ensure full functionality across all modern browsers. Flash fallback is not supported and Flash content is not permitted in HTML5 ads on YouTube.|
|Border and iFrame:||
Must stay within iframe and have black border of at least 1 pixel.
|Close button:||DoubleClick Studio "Close Ad X" component is required on the top right corner with a padding of 5-10 pixels.|
|"X Close Expanded" button must have a 5 pixel padding from top and left sides of expanded Masthead unit and must be functional immediately after expansion|
|Transparency:||A wmode of transparent may only be used during expansion or collapse of the creative. However, the expanded panel must resolve to be opaque.|
|Exit URL||All URLs must be live when assets are submitted. Please use safe characters in the URL.|
- Internet Explorer 10+, Firefox 25+, Safari 6+; Chrome 33+
- Please note that the final rendering of the ad may be affected by various browser configurations, plugins and security software set up by the user.
- The Masthead unit must be built in DoubleClick Studio and served through DCM. No fourth-party creative asset calls will be accepted without review and explicit sign-off. Any fourth-party call must have a backup functionality
- No demographic/audience targeting or third-party audience segments allowed
- Video view count for YouTube-hosted videos will increment on click-to-play.
- Small countdown clock (200x50) is permitted.
- Advertisers may use the approved YouTube social media exit button and/or use "YouTube" in text as per the YouTube Logo Usage in Ads policy.