Video Ads (formerly in-stream video ads)
Reporting & Third Party Capabilities
This section covers the reporting and third party capabilities that are provided by Video Ads.
- Video Impressions
- Video Click Through
- Video Quartiles (First, Midpoint, Third, Complete)
- "Skip" button clicks (for skippable ads)
- Video Pauses
Third-Party Tracking Capabilities
- SSL capability is required! All tracking pixel URLs must begin with HTTPS:// More information here.
- Third-party click redirects accepted for Video Click Through
- 1 x 1 pixel tracking can be implemented for all other metrics listed above (maximum 3 per event)
- For third-party served ads, tracking pixels must be implemented within the VAST tag, not provided separately.
Nielsen pixels are not allowed directly in VAST tags and must be submitted separately for trafficking in some countries.
We will only accept third party redirect/tracking pixel from a certified Ad Serving Vendor. Please refer to the full list of approved vendors.
- Can accept research tracking tags except for YouTube Mobile or Leanback apps
- No pop-ups, layers, or other out-of-banner formats are allowed