Adjust AdSense inventory settings
Google AdSense content will appear in an ad unit only if all of the following criteria are met:
- AdSense is enabled for the ad unit.
- The competing line item's type is network, bulk, price priority or house. Learn more about line item types
- The CPM of the AdSense ad is higher than the alternatives.
- The inventory is not placed on a mobile app.
How AdSense ads serve in your network
AdSense can be toggled on and off at both the network level and the ad unit level. If you enable AdSense at the network level, this setting will be applied to all ad units by default unless you manually override it.
Ad unit-level settings for AdSense take precedence over network settings.
AdSense ads don't serve:
- If AdSense is disabled for both the network and the ad unit
- If AdSense is enabled for the network but disabled for the ad unit
AdSense ads do serve:
- If AdSense is disabled for the network but enabled for the ad unit
- If AdSense is enabled for both the network and the ad unit
Enable or disable AdSense for all ad units in your network
Click the Inventory tab, then click Network settings on the left-hand panel.
Mark the Default AdSense inventory settings checkbox.
Set the appropriate Default AdSense inventory settings.
Enable or disable AdSense for an ad unit
Click the Inventory tab, then click Ad units on the left-hand panel.
In the ad units table, click the appropriate ad unit.
Next to 'AdSense inventory settings,' click override.
Select the AdSense properties that you want to edit.