Traffic HTML5 creatives
Upload HTML5 creatives as easily as other creatives in DFP with the HTML5 creative type. Simply select the HTML5 creative type when adding a creative, and you’ll be able to quickly upload HTML5 zip bundles or standalone HTML files. DFP handles the bundle/file properly with no manual work required. You can also report on HTML5 creatives as a distinct creative type.HTML5 creatives (3:29)
- In DFP, on the Delivery tab, click Creatives in the left panel.
- Click Add creatives.
- In the “New creative” pop-up, search for the advertiser whose creative you're adding and then click Continue.
- From the list of creative types, click HTML5.
- Name your creative and click Choose file to upload the file. You can upload an HTML5 zip bundle or a standalone HTML file.
Learn about the requirements when building an HTML zip bundle.
- A table of click tags appears.
- Click tags allow the ad server to track ad clicks, and they define click-through URLs for each exit on your HTML5 creative. To edit a click-through URL, hover over it in the table and click the (Edit) icon that appears in the bottom right.
- DFP requires HTML5 creatives to have at least one standard click tag. If your HTML5 creative does not have a click tag, ask your advertiser to update the creative or add one by editing the primary HTML file before uploading the creative to DFP. See Follow click tag guidelines to learn more.
- After you upload the file, DFP automatically displays the Target ad unit size where the creative should deliver.
- DFP attempts to automatically determine the creative’s size. See Dimension guidelines for information on how DFP determines the size of HTML5 creatives.
- In cases where DFP cannot automatically determine the size of the creative, you can update the "Target ad unit size" manually. Once the creative is saved, this value cannot be changed.
- (Optional) Use Labels to set up frequency capping.
- DFP automatically scans creatives for SSL compatibility. Before the creative is scanned, the “SSL compatible” field has a value of Not yet scanned. You can manually set the creative’s SSL status by clicking override. Learn more
- SSL-compatible creatives can deliver to both HTTPS and HTTP sites. They can be previewed within DFP.
- SSL-incompatible creatives can only deliver to HTTP sites. They cannot be previewed within DFP.
- (Optional) Lock the creative’s Orientation when displayed in mobile apps.
- (Optional) Use Custom fields to organize objects in reports.
- (Optional) Enter multiple Third-party impression tracking URLs.
The trackers are pinged when the creative appears and can contain DFP macros.
- Click Save.
If you updated the “Target ad unit size” in step 7, you may see this message: “The size of the uploaded asset doesn’t match the size that was specified.” If the “Target ad unit size” is the actual creative size you want to serve, then select the “Allow creative size to differ from ad unit size” check box and click Save again.
- Preview and/or test your creative.
- If the preview does not load correctly, there may be an issue with your HTML5 zip bundle. Open your browser’s console and look for errors.
- DFP cannot preview SSL-incompatible creatives. If the automatic SSL scan has not yet completed, you can override SSL compatibility. Next to “SSL compatible”, click override and then select Yes.