Get started with video
This guide contains step-by-step instructions to serve video ads on your site.
What you need to know before you start
This guide assumes that you have working knowledge of basic DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) concepts. For a refresher, please see the following articles:
- Overview of DFP Small Business: Getting started guide
- Terms in DFP Small Business: Glossary
- Support: Learn about the options
For more background information, you can also read our video advertising overview.
General steps to going live
Here are the steps to going live with video ads on your site:
- Define video inventory. Decide what ad units and key-values you'll use to target your video inventory.
- Generate tags. In the DFP Small Business interface, create the video ad tags to place on your site.
- Integrate with a video player. To start serving video ads quickly, choose one of our partner video platforms. You can also use a custom player and integrate it with the Google IMA SDK (Flash or HTML5), though Google doesn't offer support for this option.
- Traffic a video line item. Set up and target a video line item and upload your creatives. Use the VAST Inspector to test your video ads.
- Report and track. Once video ads are running, use DFP reporting to get detailed video ad metrics.
Throughout the implementation process, you can use this Help Center to become familiar with the video features in DFP Small Business.