Create a video ad unit
To create a new video ad unit in DFP, follow these steps:
- On the Inventory tab, click Ad units in the side panel.
- Click New ad unit, then select Web.
- Name the ad unit and provide an ad unit code. The code may not include spaces, since it's included in ad tags, and it can't be changed once you save the ad unit.
- Optional: Enter a description for the ad unit.
- Enter the Size of your video ad player, followed by "v," such as "400x300v." The "v" indicates that it's a video size and capable of playing back videos sent in the VAST format. Be sure to enter the size of your video player in its default resolution, not full-screen.
- Define a target window. The target window specifies whether an ad's landing page will open in a new window or in the current window. This value is set as the target attribute of the ad link. Values include:
- _top: The target URL will load in the full body of the window, breaking out of any potential framesets.
- _blank: The target URL will open in a new, unnamed window.
- Optional: Associate the ad unit with one or more placements by clicking Add next to the appropriate placements.
- Click Save.