Create a video ad unit
To create a new video ad unit in DFP, follow these steps:
- On the Inventory tab, click Ad units in the side panel.
- Click New ad unit, then select Web.
- Name the ad unit. The name may not include spaces, since it's included in ad tags, and it can't be changed once you save the ad unit.
- Optional: Enter a description for the ad unit.
- Enter the Size of your video ad player, followed by "v," such as "400x300v." The "v" indicates that it's a video size and capable of playing back videos sent in the VAST format. Be sure to enter the size of your video player in its default resolution, not full-screen.
- Define a target window. The target window specifies whether an ad's landing page will open in a new window or in the current window. This value is set as the target attribute of the ad link. Values include:
- _top: The target URL will load in the full body of the window, breaking out of any potential framesets.
- _blank: The target URL will open in a new, unnamed window.
- Optional: Associate the ad unit with one or more placements by clicking Add next to the appropriate placements.
- Click Save.