Create a video ad unit
Video features might not be enabled for your network. For more information, talk to your account manager.
To create a new video ad unit in DFP, follow these steps:
- On the Inventory tab, click Ad units in the side panel.
- Click New ad unit
- Name the ad unit and provide an ad unit code. The code may not include spaces, since it's included in ad tags, and it can't be changed once you save the ad unit.
- Optional: Enter a description for the ad unit.
- Optional: Add regular ad sizes (not video or companion). If your video ad unit will include ad sizes other than the video and its companions, enter those other sizes in the Sizes field, separated by commas. Example: 120x240, 728x90.
Important: Don't enter companion sizes here. You'll enter companions in the next step.
- Add video and companion ad sizes. Expand the Video (VAST) sizes option and follow these steps to enter your video ad information:
- In the Master field, enter the size of the video player. Suggested video sizes appear as you type. Be sure to enter the size of your video player in its default resolution, not full-screen. The letter "v" appears automatically at the end of all video sizes, indicating that it's a video size and that it's capable of playing back videos sent in the VAST format.
- If there are ad slots on the same page for companion ads, enter these sizes in the Companion sizes field next to the master field.
- If you have multiple video players on a page, click Add size and enter the master and companion sizes. It isn't possible to use the same master video size twice in a single ad unit. Also, it isn't possible to use the same companion size twice for a single master size.
- Define a target window. The target window specifies whether an ad's landing page will open in a new window or in the current window. This value is set as the target attribute of the ad link. Values include:
- _top: The target URL will load in the full body of the window, breaking out of any potential framesets.
- _blank: The target URL will open in a new, unnamed window.
- Optional steps:
- Click Save.