Get started with mobile ad serving
Create a mobile ad unit
Watch a video: Creating mobile ad units
An ad unit is space on a webpage dedicated to ads. An ad unit includes one or more ad slots, identified by sizes. An example of a standard size is a regular display ad slot with a fixed size, i.e. 300 x 250, 200 x 200.
Mobile ad units must be specified as either mobile site or mobile application ad units. Ad units with AdSense enabled are eligible for dynamic allocation from AdSense for Mobile Content.
You can bulk upload mobile ad units, or you can create a single ad unit by following the steps below.
To create a mobile ad unit in DFP, follow these steps:
- On the Inventory tab, click Ad units in the side panel.
- Click New Ad Unit and select Mobile from the drop-down.
- Name the ad unit. You can't put spaces in the name as it's included in ad tags. And you can't change the name after you've saved the ad unit.
Ad unit names are not case sensitive.
- If you want, enter a Description for the ad unit.
- Select a Type for the ad unit: Application or Site.
- Select a size from the drop-down or choose Custom at the bottom of the drop-down to enter a custom size.
- Optional: Associate the ad unit with one or more Placements by clicking include next to the relevant placements.
- Enable AdSense inventory settings to maximise revenue of unsold or remnant inventory with AdSense for Mobile Content. (For AdSense-supported sizes, see Google AdSense Mobile Ad Types & Sizes.)
- Click Save.