Target a line item to mobile devices
To target a line item to mobile devices, follow these steps:
- Create a line item.
- Under Add targeting, you can choose one or more of the following:
Line items targeting specific Apple models (such as iPhone 4) can only match traffic from mobile applications.
- Select Inventory to assign the line item to one or more ad units.
- Select Custom criteria to add key-value pairs.
- Select Geography to target traffic from a particular location. Geo-targeting has different resolution for carrier traffic and Wi-Fi traffic.
- Wi-Fi traffic: You can target the country, region, metro area (DMA), city, and postal code (US/CA only) levels.
- Carrier traffic: You can target the country level.
- Line items targeted more specifically than the country level can never match carrier traffic. For carrier traffic targeting, target at the country level.
- DFP takes into account BlackBerry's proxy-based traffic routing where possible, but in some cases geo-targeting and carrier targeting might not work for BlackBerry devices.
- Select Devices to target the line item to a user's browsing environment.
- Device capability: Target devices that can make calls. Select Devices > Device capability > Phone calls, then click include.
- Device category: Target different categories of devices. Choose Desktop, Feature phones, Smartphone, or Tablet, then click include.
- Operating system: Target platforms and operating systems.
- Select Connection to target bandwidth, carriers, and user domains.
- Target users who are connected via wifi or mobile carriers.
- Mobile carrier: Target specific mobile carriers.
- Under User domains, enter user domains to target.
- Click Save and... and select Upload creatives from the drop-down.