Review the status of a line item
DFP displays and lists the orders that you've created or have been assigned as primary or secondary trafficker, or primary or secondary salesperson. To see all orders that you have permission to view, click "All orders". If you'd rather see the list of all orders whenever you sign into DFP, you can bookmark the "All orders" page in your browser and use that as your sign in page.
If you're having trouble with ad delivery, you might take a look at Troubleshooting tools at a glance. This article lists an assortment of tools in and outside of DFP that can help you uncover issues. If you're using third-party creatives, take a look at the Troubleshoot third-party creatives guide.
DFP automatically updates statuses depending on where line items are in their lifecycle.
Line item statuses
One of the following line item states will appear in the second column of the table.
These statuses are for line items that haven't yet delivered.
- Draft: Line item is part of an order that has not been approved.
- Inactive: The line item isn't yet delivering. Line items remain inactive as long as they still need creatives (see below) and haven't been manually activated. If your network has been set to prevent automatic line item activation, all line items will remain inactive until they've been manually activated.
- Ready: Line items marked as "Ready" have been activated, but haven't started delivering. It can take up to an hour after activation for the status to change from "Ready" to "Delivering." This is because:
- After you activate a line item, the first impression is delivered within approximately 30 minutes.
- Once the first impression is delivered, reports are updated (and the line item status will change from "Ready" to "Delivering") within another 30 minutes.
- Pending approval: Requires approval from account administrator to deliver.
- Disapproved: Line item was disapproved by an account administrator.
- Expected to underdeliver: Line item is predicted to underdeliver. Insufficient inventory, or not enough available impressions, is the primary reason for underdelivery of a line item.
Statuses once delivery has begun
These statuses are for line items that have begun delivering.
- Delivering: Line item is serving ad impressions.
- Completed: Line item end date has been reached and the line item has stopped delivering.
- Paused: Delivery has been paused. Resume line item to continue ad delivery. To be resumed, the line item must have at least one creative assigned.
- Delivery extended: Line item is past its end date and is delivering as fast as possible to meet its goals within the specified extension window. The forecasting system considers line items with this status to be complete, so you can’t run a forecast on them.
Statuses for non-delivering line items
These statuses are for line items that never delivered or have stopped delivering.
- Inventory released: Line item has been paused or canceled and its inventory is now available for other line items to book. In some situations, this status may appear for line items that had not been previously reserved. However, in this case there is an indication that the line item is not reserving any inventory.
- Archived: Line item is not delivering and has been removed from active lists.
Line item creative status
Needs creatives: Line item is missing one or more of the creatives specified for it. For example, the line item might have no creatives, be missing a creative of a given size, have fewer creatives of a given size than specified, etc. This status is also displayed when:
- Line item inventory sizes don’t match ad unit sizes or placement sizes.
- If you've set frequency cap labels for creative sizes within the line item, DFP will check for creatives with matching labels and sizes; if they're missing, the Needs creatives status is displayed.
- Likewise, if you've defined frequency cap labels in the creative settings but not in the line item, the Needs creatives status is displayed.
- The Needs creatives status is also displayed when time gaps exist between line item flight dates and creative flight dates.
This status can be shown in addition to one of the other statuses listed above. However, this status is never shown for line items that are "Pending approval," "Completed," "Disapproved," "Canceled" or "Archived." Because these line items are not running and not expected to begin shortly, there's no need to add creatives.
Additional list options
You can list orders that contain line items that meet the conditions below by clicking on these statuses under "Orders" in the left-hand navigation. You can also list recently viewed line items by clicking the status under "Line items."
Recently viewed: The last 200 orders viewed (no day threshold).
Starting soon: Orders starting within 5 days.
Ending soon: Orders ending within 3 days.