Add targeting criteria to a line item
To add targeting criteria to a line item:
- Click the Delivery tab.
- Click the order containing the line item you'd like to edit.
- Click the appropriate line item in the table.
- Click the Settings tab.
Under "Add targeting," select a targeting criterion. (Example: Geography).
- Choose matches to include specific values in your targeting.
- Choose does not match to exclude specific values in your targeting.
- Select targeting values from the left box to add them to your line item.
- Repeat these steps to select additional targeting criteria.
- Click Save.
If you frequently target the same set of criteria, you can save it as a targeting preset. You can also apply saved targeting presets to your line item. Learn more about targeting presets.
- If you don’t target the line item to any ad units or placements, then the line item will be set to serve as run-of-network. This means the line item can serve to any ad unit on your website.
- If you select multiple values for at least two targeting criteria (for example, Geography: Belgium, Singapore and Operating system: Linux and Macintosh), DFP will apply an AND operator. That is, DFP will target all users who are in Belgium OR Singapore AND who use Linux OR Macintosh.
- Learn how to exclude targeting criteria from a line item by negatively targeting multiple criteria.